Sunday, September 5, 2010

Week 2: Clear

This weeks topic was an introduction to the personal computer. The lectures (video's this week) covered both hardware and operating system (OS) aspects. The hardware section covered performance and storage and the operating system section covered some of the OS functions and utilities.The lectures were fairly in depth and explained what each part of the computer does from the motherboard to the CPU.

Overall I understood this section clearly. There is a lot of information presented however I already do know most of it. A few years ago at Santa Fe College I took a class in microcomputer architecture which dealt with the parts of a computer. Therefore these lectures proved to be mostly a refresher for me. When I do take the quiz this week I would however like to re-watch some parts of the hardware section just to make sure that I have all the details straight in my mind. I do not plan on re-watching the OS section as I did understand it more clearly.

Another week done!

No comments:

Post a Comment