Sunday, October 3, 2010

Excel Project

I am glad that the Excel project is over! It has been a while since I used Excel and this project was certainly a refresher.

Before starting this project I had never "frozen panes" before. So I am glad that I learned how to do that now. I also learned a lot regarding the formulas. I thought that part of the project was going to be the hardest but it actually was pretty easy. I also got a lot of confident in general regarding using the tables faster.

The biggest problem that I had was by far the pivot tables. I hope that I did them right! I also got the hang of using keyboard shortcuts to move around Excel. I did not remember all of them from the lecture last week but enough to still move around fairly fast.

Another problem for me was the printer section. My laptop (which is where I did the majority of the project) does not have a printer therefore I needed to go to the computer lab on campus to do this part. This got confussing however when I changed versions (Excel 10 to 03) and attempted to edit and work on my pivot tables. Since the GUI is not the same. Hopefully everything worked out.

Overall I am happy about this assignment since I feel Excel is a very powerful and useful program.


Screen shot from “AvgIncrease” pivot table.

No comments:

Post a Comment